Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Blue Ribbon of Italy! Peroni Nastro Azzurro @ 5.1% abv


Yes, that's right.  "Nastro Azzurro" means Blue Ribbon in Italian.  This is the most consumed beer in Italy according to the sources I've read.  It's the Budweiser of Italy, and it's basically what I would expect out of the most drank beer of Italy.  Like the Alfa Romeo, everyone should have one of these once in there life, but there are certainly faster and fuller bodied cars out there.  So it goes with Peroni.  Brother Red has spoken.  Birra Superiore it is not.  But decent and fun, I'll give it that.

2 comments:

  1. This would be a good summer lager. Not heavy, nor is the skunkability overpowering. I could drink a six pack and not even think about it. I'll give it 3 Monks for good drinkability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Average. Easy drinking. Bit o' skunk. Italians are cool and so are monks.

    2.5 of them for me.

    ReplyDelete